Monday, December 12, 2011

Jays Acquire Ben Francisco From Philadelphia

The Toronto Blue Jays have traded minor league left handed pitcher Frank Gailey to his home town Philadelphia Phillies for outfielder Ben Francisco. 

Francisco batted .244 with 6 HR's and 34 RBI's in 100 games for the Phillies in 2011.

To make room on the roster, the Jays have designated relief pitcher Jesse Chavez for assignment.

Gailey spent time in both New Hampshire and Dunedin over the course of the 2011 season.

For the Blue Jays, this gives them another outfielder in an already crowded outfield.  They now have Francisco, Davis, Thames, Snider, Rasmus, Bautista, and technically Mike McCoy available for the outfield in 2012.

I think there is another deal coming, and if I'm a betting man, I think we've seen the last of Travis Snider in a Jays uniform.

If I'm really going to speculate, I think he's headed to Oakland for a certain left handed starter.  But that's just me.

But, I'm wrong more often than I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment